LeT terrorists free accomplice

Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists mounted a daring attack on a police team inside Srinagar’s main hospital and freed a hardcore Pakistani terrorist, killing two policemen.

Mohammad Naveed Jat, alias Abu Hanzala, 22, was brought to Shri Maharaja Hari Singh Hospital for medical check-up along with six other prisoners, escaped after two pheran-clad terrorists, who were already waiting at the hospital, fired at the policemen accompanying him. Two policemen injured in the firing, head constables Mushtaq Ahmed and Babar Ahmed, later succumbed to their injuries.

Security officials said that it appeared to be a well-planned move as Naveed, lodged at Rainawari Central Jail, had complained of chest pain the night before. He was arrested from Kulgam in 2014.

Exclusive CCTV footage accessed shows the terrorists fleeing the spot. Police sounded an alert in Srinagar and searches have been intensified at all entry and exit points.

SSP Srinagar Imtiyaz Ismail Parray told Mirror: “Naveed was brought from the central jail for medical checkup after he complained of chest pain. He had a scuffle with the escorting police party and suddenly two persons appeared and opened fire.”

He also said the terrorists appeared to be well acquainted with the area. Police are investigating whether an insider provided information to them.

Naveed, hailing from Boriwal Sahiwal in Multan, Pakistan, is known to be close to Abu Qasim, who headed Lashkar-e-Taiba in Kashmir and was killed by security forces in 2015.

According to police, Naveed studied up to Class V and his family sent him to Dar-Aloom in Mureed Kay for further Islamic education. During that time, he met Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Sayed and Zaki-ul-Rahman Lakhvi. He had told his interrogators that at least 4,000 to 5,000 terrorists were at the Lashkar training camp at Pakistan-Occupied Kashmir in 2011-2012, while 300-400 youths received training with him.

CM Mehbooba Mufti condemned the killings of the two policemen.

No comments: